Who I am?
Hi there! I'm Curtly. I'm a curious individual (good thing I'm not a cat) who hate doing the same task twice. My mantra is "Do it once and never have to do it again". As a result, I always try to solve problems in a future proof manner.
I had zero interest in the world of computer science until I entered the world of work. In my first post-college job, I was responsible for monitoring the KPIs of my organization. Rising to this challenge ultimately launched my software development career. You can read about how I solved my beautiful problem in the DataQuest article titled, “Not Enough Memory” — How Data Skills Ended an Excel Nightmare.
I spend most of my free time learning about any domain of knowledge; from history to natural science, to economics, to wars. I chose a career in Software Development since I can specialize in a career without giving up my interests in other domains of knowledge. A career in Software development allows me to develop the skills needed to explore the various domains of knowledge.
The biggest realization in my software development journey is that you always have to make trade-offs.
My Personality ratings are based on the Enneagram Personality system that aims to reveal how emotions drive our lives and how we engage with others to get what we want and need. Below is the result of my top four personality traits.
Sees themselves as strong and seek to stand up for what they believe in.
Seek understanding and knowledge, and are more comfortable with data than people.
Places a lot of emphasis on following the rules and doing things correctly.
Want to be successful and admired by other people, and are very conscious of their public image.
The @ Company Full-time
February 2022 - Present
- Responsible taking the @dude app to production.
- Improve developer relations by working with the dev rel team to promote the @dude app.
October 2021 - April 2022
- Built the Nabi-KCL SSHE app to monitor safety practices on site.
- Managed the security team ensuring the no security breaches occurred.
- Observed workers and provided guidance to then in order ensuring they are complied with the safety policy of the company.
Guyana Defence Force Reservist
September 2020 - Present
- Learning how to work effectively as a team to overcome challenges.
- Learning how to perform at a high capacity under physically and mentally stressful conditions.
Economic & Financial Analyst | Web Developer
Ministry of Finance, Guyana Full-time
November 2019 - March 2021 1yr 5 mos
- Worked on the multi-agency government committee that successfully implemented the first Covid-19 relief programme.
- Understand the need of the Office of the Budget from the end user perspective.
- Build Websites to meet the needs of the Office of the Budget.
- Continuously improve website to meet the changing needs of the department.
Agronomist | Monitoring & Evaluation Officer | Data Analyst
Ministry of Agriculture, Guyana Full-time
November 2014 - November 2019 5yrs
- Transition the Guyana Livestock Development Authority (GLDA) from paper based records to combination of paper based records and electronic records using dropbox.
- Analysed transactional data generated by GLDA to facilitate data driven decision making.
- Monitored the Key Performance Indicators of GLDA.
- Analysed farming data of private farmers and provided feedback to improve profitability and efficiency of their farming operation.
- Provided technical training and guidance in the use of MS Excel, Power BI provided assistance data analysis assistance for employees preparing monthly report.
Diamond Regional Hospital, Guyana Full-time
November 2009 - March 2011 1yr 5 mos
- Ensured patients had all the necessary documents before seeing the doctor.
- Organized the patients' cards for efficient retrieval.
- Provided guidance to patients so they knew which department they had to visit to received the appropriate treatment.
Since 2017, I've been working on improving my software development skills on a need to know basis.
There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
~ Thomas Sowell
Below are the major projects I have been working on.
I am happy that Mr Critchlow, holder of a Bachelor Degree in Biology has taken to Computer Science without any formal knowledge. He was able to self-learn through online courses, and with his dedication and commitment to solving all evolving challenges, has transformed the way the agency provides support services to stakeholders in the livestock sub-sector. His expertise is unmatched locally.
Admin & Finance Manager at Guyana Livestock Development Authority
Feel free to reach out if you're looking for a developer, have a question or just want to connect.
Looking for a developer, have a question or want to connect?
Just send me a message!